Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reply on The Right to Bear Arms

At least I have found someone who agrees with me on this subject. People should be allowed to exercise their second amendment by all means, but a lot of order and restraint and self discipline should should always be in play here.
One thing that she mentioned caught my attention here, of the sixty two atrocities committed by gun violence, forty nine of them were from guns bought legally. I have known this since I started hunting on my father's farm at age sixteen, gun owners are supposed to have strong gone safes or cabinets where guns are locked all the time when they are not being used by legal owners. In most cases here a gone in a home will most likely take the life of a family member before or after mass murders.
Also there is this wild belief that these amassed guns will be used for protection from the government. It makes me so sad to realize that this country has such shallow thinkers among this great American society. So maybe it is me that does not understand. Is it that easy to have fluid logistics to command everyone that comes out of their home carrying a gun? You are not even a militia to begin with, but you have the nerve to tell us that the founding fathers told you to bear arms to overthrow a legally elected government.  So who do you replace that government with and where does it ever explain such a scenario in the constitution.
Thank god this thinking is harboured by the minority otherwise we were going to end up like Syria or even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment