Monday, May 6, 2013

Comment on Lydia James' What Same Sex Marriage is Really About
 
                I do agree with Lydia's general outlook on same sex marriage. It is really funny that the same people that say they do not like big government are the same ones that want to interfere on who is marrying who.
 
                I used to be against same sex marriage but when I read one article where a young twenty year old said some days he thinks of committing suicide because he is gay, my attitude changed completely. Recently another statement that solidified my understanding about gay people was made by the professional basket ball player. He said that "this whole thing is like you know that the sky is blue but you keep telling  yourself that its red." If compassionate conservatism does not work here I don't know where else it will work.
       
                Lydia talks about children that are brought  up in structured, traditional families, tend to grow up to become model citizens. Here I beg to differ. I know that if we take a survey of equal number of gay and traditional families, statistics will show that 99% of straight parents use fowl language as has become the way of communicating for the so called traditional or straight families. So if the government was smart, it would encourage gay marriage and turn around and encourage traditional parents to give up their children for adoption by gay families. After all it will be better for the government to have half of well spoken citizens than double the amount of laud and obnoxious ones. It is just me forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment